OT: How to get good SEO results from Wordpress and/or Facebook?

mike enriquez mylinux at cox.net
Thu Apr 11 20:17:39 MST 2013

On 04/11/2013 10:05 AM, joe at actionline.com wrote:
> How can one get the best SEO results from Wordpress and/or Facebook
> (or other systems)?
>
> Obviously, lots of people are out there promoting various SEO
> programs and services, but I have been told that one of the main
> keys is to continually add fresh, new, useful, original content on
> any given subject in order to get high search engine rankings. Is
> that not true?
>
> Are there any of you in the PLUG community who might be willing and
> able to provide help and/or guidance (for reasonable fees ;) in how
> to use Wordpress and/or Facebook more effectively?
>
> My wife and I both have projects (services and books) with
> corresponding websites and Facebook pages, and we would like to find
> (and pay) someone local who is an expert in this area to come to our
> home-office to teach us the secrets on how to use these tools more
> effectively.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Joe and the list!
WordPress has a SEO plug in that is free and if you search youtube.com
you will find people with instructions on how to set it up.
Yes there a lot of people that are promising SEO results if you hire
them, but I doubt you will gain much using these pros.
On the other hand, I found out by accident, that the increase in hits on
my sites will make my sites shoot to the top 4 in rankings. This happens
a lot and the the rankings include "paid for" rankings.

You may have heard that "Content is King"! Well they are right. I would
suggest that you work on your content and find a way to get people to
visit.  Their visits will make your rankings shoot straight up. Keep
your content fresh and as Janice Redish wrote in her book "Letting Go of
the Words" keep throwing out those extra words that mean nothing.

Try reading her book I found it very helpful.

If you decide to hire a pro, get them to tell you the percentage
increase in ranking after they do their magic. If they are worth their
salt they can give you a figure.

Most top business schools, will teach you how to  estimate the
percentage jump   after you apply their marketing magic. So I believe
the SEO pros should also be able to tell you what their jump will be
after they help you.

Good luck to you.

O I forgot to tell you that I spent a week in October at Harvard
Business school. The professors there have been researching the ability
of Facebook to generate sales for its customers. Their findings were
that only two companies have been able to benefit financially by using
FaceBook. Also they found that Facebook is used mostly by women
searching for other women and by men wanting to see other women. Harvard
told us that if you are not selling to women that it made no sense to
get involved with Facebook.

Mike

--
*Knowledge becomes obsolete; research everything! *