PHP lifespan

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 15:41:32 MST 2013

I don't see PHP going away for a long time, unless the PHP core developers
fly off into left field and make some crazy decisions.
If I was going to learn new languages, I'd learn:
Ruby - because its becoming ubiquitous, but its too slow for full-scale
SaaS stuff, just ask Twitter :)
Python, node.js - for performance.

Just my two cents.

Eric