Home Office Server Security

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 09:54:25 MST 2013

As for performance hit, if you have a modern processor a number of
encryption performance boots for whole disk or partial disk encryption are
now built into the processor. and as long as you stay current there you
will likely not notice a hit. i would not personally stack Raid5 and
encryption on the same array if i could help it. to me that might create
some weird latency that i would prefer to avoid. but R10 or 0+1 should be
fine.

Stephen