mk802, g-82

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Sat Oct 20 00:05:58 MST 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
> Am 19. Oct, 2012 schwätzte Ed so:
>
> moin moin,
>

>>> Can't you add and remove options from the Myth interface?
>>>

>> you can, and there are plugins too. But, the UX paths are
>> understandable to you and I because we recognize the structure, but it
>

> Haven't seen it in a while. Last I saw it, the base UI looked easy enough
> once unused stuff was removed. Then again, I wasn't contemplating
> Alzheimer's back then.
>

>> isn't intuitive for someone without a computer background - not to
>> mention the level of detailed configuration that normal folks really
>

> Ah, well I'll be stuck with 100% of the configuration.

well it is a hierarchical set of menus, no bread crumbs and  lots of
potential functional levels to get lost in, not just a simple TV.

>> do not like. Besides, from the lists, the most enjoyable remote for
>> MythTV is apparently a Bluetooth keyboard - again, a miss on the
>> target audience. Now, XBMC acting as a front-end for a MythTV back-end
>> is nice.
>

> Yeah, that's something for me to consider.

maybe something using a Kinect?  ;)  at least you could include a
work-out with  the TV viewing...
also - get a good idea of favorite shows, preferred news channels and
other comfortable media.