Reiserfs

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 11:16:38 MST 2012

On 10/18/2012 10:57 AM, Michael Butash wrote:
> I ran reiserfs for _everything_ I did up to about 2yr ago switching to
> ext4 once Reiser was sentenced and likely never going to write code
> again.  In that time I never once had fs corruption occur to lose
> data, and only don't think once I had to repair a file system with
> reiser. Performance was lacking as others were still evolving where it
> had stopped, so I moved on begrudgingly.

I do recall reading something a few years ago about Reiser getting in
trouble for executing an illegal command.  As I recall it was kill -9 wife.

snip

> Side note, I saw just yesterday development is actually still ongoing
> with reiser4, as his work is being carried on by another
> contributor/employee of reiser's old company making progress.  I
> somewhat plan on going btrfs to lose the lvm/raid layering done with
> lvm2 and md today (and get trim/protest ext4 pissing me off), but if
> not that, I might try reiser4 at some point for grins.  Any one else
> brave enough to run it on a machine they use yet?

I may give it a try one of these days.  I do have the free disk space
available so I could resize an existing partition to create a 500MB or
so reiser4 partition.  When I do, I'll put stuff on it that I have a
copy of elsewhere.  That will give me something to do one evening this week.