gimp 2.8

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Oct 11 01:23:38 MST 2012

You might want to just skip the 2.2 and 2.4 tutorials and move to the
tutorials for 2.6+  There are a lot less cosmetic/placement issues
between those versions.  If you are serious about learning it, once you
get a grasp of the basics, it will be possible to watch Photoshop
tutorials and do the same thing in the gimp, since the tools are usually
there and the names are usually the same or similar.  If not, a quick
search on Google will tell you the equivalent GIMP name

Brian Cluff