OT: Which news source(s) do you prefer?

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:39:59 MST 2012

I can't listen to any news on the radio here(Jellico, Tn) during the
day.  None of the two or three fm stations available here do any news.
I don't pay for the local crappy cable, so I can't watch it on the idiot
box.  I check out the Drudge Report several times a day.  Then I'll take
a look at the Daily Telegraph, the Daily Mail, the Sun, the Register,
the Jerusalem post and the Melbourne age. Sometimes I'll put on kfyi for
news.  Then there is the news on channel 10 or 15.  If any of the others
stream their news broadcasts please let me know.  If I want news and a
bit of humor to go with it, fark.com is where I go.  Although it is
available online, the financially troubled Arizona Republic doesn't
appeal to me.

How's that?

On 10/2/2012 21:41, Dazed_75 wrote:
> I have the same issues so look at multiple source (none in print) but
> I've been using BBC of late for real life news even though that
> doesn't get a lot of stateside or local coverage.  I don't think the
> question was about tech news.
>
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Patricia Wilson
> <wilson.pr.gm at gmail.com <mailto:wilson.pr.gm at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     For politics and world news foxnews special report. For techie
>     stuff zdnet.
>
>     On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:44 AM, <joe at actionline.com
>     <mailto:joe at actionline.com>> wrote:
>

>         Which news sources (print and/or internet) do y'all prefer?
>
>         I'm fed up with *all* media sources ... with all of the bias
>         (both ways),
>         spin, distortion, inflammation, exaggeration, ambulance chasing
>         sensationalizing, and overdone visual graphics.
>
>         Haven't subscribed to any print media for more than 20 years,
>         but used to
>         scan the USA Today headlines online; however, since they just
>         changed
>         their format to force an excessive (imh) clutter of graphics
>         on us, it is
>         no longer a viable option for me.
>
>         Are there any online news headline sources that are not
>         radical, liberal,
>         left-wing, extremist, fanatic, spinmeisters? ... or (almost as
>         bad)
>         extreme right-wingers?
>
>         I've tried all those listed at this link and found nothing
>         that seems
>         reasonably "fair and balanced" ... and most of all *efficient*
>         without
>         excessive clutter.
>
>         - - - http://www.upquick.com/best/news.htm - - -
>
>         So what would y'all recommend?

>     --
>
>     Patricia Wilson
>     Apache Junction, AZ
>     Member NRA, ARRL
>     WB8DXX (Extra)

> Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry
>
> Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages
> to multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and
> not To: or CC:. Remove all addresses from the message body before
> sending a Forwarded message. This can prevent spy programs capturing
> addresses from the recipient list and message body.

"One mistake up here and it's half a day out with the undertaker!"
- Fred Dibnah