small (tiny) comment (Re: Has the plug website been down?)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Nov 21 10:29:36 MST 2012

Am 21. Nov, 2012 schwätzte Mike Schwartz so:

moin moin Mike,

>    I am amazed how quickly the stuff was re-hosted somewhere, and some
> domain name (or URL) "forwarding" was put in to effect -- which is good, so
> that now, any web site "visitor" does not have to *"already know"* to go to
> http://phxlinux.org/ instead of to *plug.phoenix.az.us *now.

All Brian. He setup the previous web server that's still at Deru and
copied everything over to the new datacenter.

>     However (just a nano pico picayune nit-pick), it seems that, after you
> type in "*plug.phoenix.az.us*", then when it does (somehow) automatically
> forward to http://phxlinux.org/ , it (the 'home' page) does seem to still
> have -- (way down at the bottom) -- a little entry that still says:
>
>> *Hosting generously provided by Deru Internet Services<http://www.deru.net/>
> *
>
> Not a big deal.  Just "FYI".

Good point, thanks. We should go ahead and remove that now.

I do want to say that Deru has been great for us. Deru has sponsored PLUG
for many years by reliably hosting the PLUG computers ( web and mail ).

I don't know what's going on right now, but Deru has been rock solid for
us for years and we're grateful.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "But you could teach these skills to a high-school student, and you could
#  probably teach them to an artist."  -- Richard Roberts