I got a message from google this morning.

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Mon May 14 08:26:40 MST 2012

You can display the mail headers of any Google message:
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=22454

That will verify the IP sender and other information.

Irregardless of the security of your account or veracity of this message,
change your password.  Change them often, do not share them between other
accounts.

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net>wrote:

> > On May 13, 2012, at 5:57 PM, Michael Havens wrote:
> >> This is the second message I've gotten from them telling me someone
> >> broke into my account. [...] Is google just filling us with paranoia
> >> or is someone really hacking me?
> From: Alex Dean <alex at crackpot.org>
> > Are you sure that message is from Google? Could be more phishing.
>
> Phishing attempts are usually totally obvious if you look at the full
> headers
> of a message and/or the href= attributes of any links within the HTML
> portions
> of a message.  So:  Take a look at the message's raw source and find out.
>
> (If this *is* phishing, I fully expect to see about 20 mails like this in
> my
> work account tomorrow morning, since whoever's in charge of mail filtering
> there seems to miss a lot of stuff....)
>
> --
> Matt G / Dances With Crows
> The Crow202 Blog:  http://crow202.org/wordpress/
> There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice
**