permission denied on a flash drive

Stu wien33 at cox.net
Sun May 6 02:45:07 MST 2012

Hi Mike,
     I have run into similar situations and have had some luck
recovering locked-out flashdrive files using a live distro like Puppy,
(Macpup 525 was the last version I used). I've tried to access these
files using the file browser as root, (sudo nautilus in Mint) but for
some reason the root user is not generally allowed to change file
permissions on USB drives - a security thing I imagine. I'm sure there's
someone here who can tell you how to do it though.
     Stu