moving home to /dev/sda6

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 09:32:55 MST 2012

okay.... upon the first run i suppose it showed me all of the files it was
copying and then it said that 'some files or attrs were not transfered.' so
I ran it again and what do you know 4 more files were copied... then again
and 2 copied.... now it just says that no files or attrs were transfered.
so take this as a warning all you rsyncers out there, you need to run it
multiple times. So which files are not transfering? Here is what is on the
screen:

  sudo rsync -va <source> <destination>
  ending incremental file list
  rsync: readlink_stat("/home/bmike1/.gvfs') failed: Permision denied (13)
  <list of files transfering>

  sent x bytes received y bytes  z bytes/sec
  total size is a bytesw  speedup is b bytes
  rsync error: some files/attrs were not transfered (see previous errors)
(code 25) at
    main.c(1070)
  [sender=3.0.8]

So which files are not transferring? The only thing I can think from the
information given is:

   readlink_stat("/home/bmike1/.gvfs

Then I added the --checksum in the hopes that would tell me more
information and after a long wait I suppose another file transfered
(bmike1/.cache/ubuntuone/log/syncdaemon.log). And so now I run it again....
and it looks as if the same file transferred.

So I must ask.... am I correct in my assesment of what isn't transferring?

--