Going from Centos 6 to Ubuntu Server

Nadim Hoque nadimhoque at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 20:11:34 MST 2012

Well with my setup I do have the boot partition separate from the LVM and
the raid is pure software as far as I know. I was just asking if it was
safe to do so. Unfortunately the boot partition is a bit on the smaller
size at 100mb so I can easily fit around 2 kernels. I guess the other
reason I am thinking to switch is because with Ubuntu, they have a
predictable release schedule and with 12.04 LTS around the corner, I can
get a server OS that is "stable" and up to date. I know I can compile from
source all of the packages I have, like the the kernel and the software for
the LAMP stack that I am also running.

I also like the fact for the Ubuntu implementation of Samba; I can use the
the system username and password instead of first creating a user on the
system and again as a samba user. Other than that I do like Centos right
now. Thanks for your help.