python error

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Mar 16 10:47:09 MST 2012

This can probably be fixed via an installation of pythonbrew to create a
new virtualvenv:

curl -kL http://xrl.us/pythonbrewinstall | bash

After that, pythonbrew installs itself to ~/.pythonbrew.

Please add the following line to the end of your ~/.bashrc:

[[ -s $HOME/.pythonbrew/etc/bashrc ]] && source $HOME/.pythonbrew/etc/bashrc

f the install script is run as root, pythonbrew will automatically
install into /usr/local/pythonbrew.

The pythonbrew will be automatically configured for every user on the
system if you install as root.

After installation, where you would normally use sudo, non-root users
(which users get this error?) will need to use sudopybrew:
sudopybrew venv list
(and enter the other commands in the next section using "sudopybrew"
instead of "pythonbrew")

OR if the error is incurred AS root, create isolated python environments
(uses virtualenv):

pythonbrew venv init
pythonbrew venv create proj
pythonbrew venv list
pythonbrew venv use proj
pythonbrew venv delete proj

Show version:

pythonbrew version

*If this does not fix your errors, it's going to be a complex
packaging issue: read the links I sent and/or get someone to evaluate
your packages.

If you don't fix it with a new venv init and create/use proj (as the
user you are having issues with), remember to turn it off:*

pythonbrew off

 COMMANDS install <version>Build and install the given version of python.
Install setuptools and pip automatically.switch <version>Permanently use
the specified python as default.use <version>Use the specified python in
current shell.py <python file>Runs a named python file against specified
and/or all pythons.listList the installed all pythons.list -k <version>List
the available install pythons.uninstall <version>Uninstall the given
version of python.cleanupRemove stale source folders and
archives.updateUpgrades
pythonbrew to the latest version.offDisable pythonbrew.symlinkCreate/Remove
a symbolic link to python (in a directory on your $PATH)buildoutRuns the
buildout with specified or current using python.venvCreate isolated python
environments (uses virtualenv)versionShow version.See more details
belowpythonbrew
help <command>
Reference:    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pythonbrew/

Respond with your errors at each step, if this fails?

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice
**