python error

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 10:20:48 MST 2012

python seems to be messing up. Here is the error I am getting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader
virtualenvwrapper.sh: There was a problem running the initialization hooks.
If Python could not import the module virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader, check
that virtualenv has been installed for
VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python and that PATH is set properly.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader
virtualenvwrapper.sh: There was a problem running the initialization hooks.
If Python could not import the module virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader, check
that virtualenv has been installed for
VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python and that PATH is set properly.

Why is it repeating the 'call'? Could you tell me how to fix it:

--
:-)~MIKE~(-:

<From Lisa>
Hi Michael,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to copy a folder from Michaels-Laptop to Michaels-PC across the
> network. I am logged in to Michaels-Laptop via ssh on the PC. WHat am I
> doing wrong?
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader
> virtualenvwrapper.sh: There was a problem running the initialization
> hooks. If Python could not import the module virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader,
> check that virtualenv has been installed for
> VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python and that PATH is set properly.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader
> virtualenvwrapper.sh: There was a problem running the initialization
> hooks. If Python could not import the module virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader,
> check that virtualenv has been installed for
> VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python and that PATH is set properly.

This "ImportError: No module named virtualenvwrapper.hook_loader" looks
like a virtualenv python packaging problem:
http://farmdev.com/thoughts/76/the-python-packaging-problem/
<http://farmdev.com/thoughts/76/the-python-packaging-problem/%20>

There is more available here, suggesting that you use
pythonbrew<https://github.com/utahta/pythonbrew>and the newer command
"venv" to manage your python modules:

Here's a quick pythonbrew/venv module how to:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pythonbrew/  It's a good possibility that it's
not setup for system wide users (make sure you change to use the same
version numbers for your install).

If you get the same errors, this is the packaging problem where virtualenv
has broken dependencies.

--