How Yahoo Weaponized My Work - Software Patents

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Mar 15 15:16:48 MST 2012

I thought this was an interesting article today about the yahoo trolling
now:

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/14/yammer-ceo-says-he-wont-hire-anyone-from-yahoo-who-doesnt-quit-in-next-60-days/

As I see it, Yahoo has made themselves irrelevant today, letting any
social aspect of it fall stale or disrepair to wither on the vine.  I
was floored to hear the CEO left PayPal for Yahoo, because really, what
is yahoo ever going to amount to again with or without him?  Hearing he
got paid 27mil makes sense, as it would take nothing but purely gross
amounts of cash would make me do it.  Seems like a death knell to his
career so, maybe he was planning his retirement.

The fact that Scott couldn't find any better way to bleed cash from a
rock than patent trolling the modern upstarts says blatantly they have
no more tricks up their sleeves.  Now they've kicked off a patent war
amongst their own inner circle of dotcom'ers, more or less like mobsters
ratting each other out in the most distasteful of ways.  While I take
pleasure in seeing facebook attacked, I find patent trolling about the
worst thing that businesses can do toward one another.  All made
possibly by a horribly inept government system that has outlived its
usefulness too.

I really can't say who I want to lose more here, but as a whole,
internet businesses lose a lot more due to this pettiness.  Just roll
over and die already instead, your time is behind you Yahoo.

-mb