attach XP computer to network fror printing

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 11:36:12 MST 2012

Yeah.... I got smart and googled how to open the ports. This is what I
added to the configuration file:

[global]
#opening ports for printer
smb ports = 137 138 139 445

Force it to use port 445? Well I searched for how to force it but  all my
results that mentioned anything about it were 'can I *force* it to use *port
*....' and I couldn't . The only way I could think of to possibly do this
would be to add ':445' at the end of the bind network so that it would look
like this.

interfaces = 192.168.0.2:445/24 eth0

I'm not sure if 24 is correct. Is that the right number to have in there?
You know... I was thinking. Wouldn't I have to tell the XP to use 445?

And one more thing.... I had to upgrade to servicepack3 for photoshop