Cups issues

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Mar 8 00:59:00 MST 2012

Since there are printer users here it seems, I was wondering if anyone
else has run into this...

I recently acquired a Brother color laser (mfc-9440cn), and cannot get
it to print from my ubuntu box.  I've been doing everything via cups
local web interface for setup/add and everything tests and test prints
ok, but any image comes out blank white.  Local tests and prints all
work fine, but nothing aside from the ubuntu test page has printed
successfully via an actual "print".

I've ensured ghostscript is there, everything looks ok in status
before/after, i just get nothing printed.  Scanning to it via the
network works dandy with the drivers, just something isn't right with
something with how apps are sending to the printer drivers.  I hardly
ever print anything anymore, and simply haven't used printing features
enough to have run into it, so I'm hoping one of you might have seen this.

Googling various iterations of 'brother white blank pages' hasn't
resulted in much after hours.

Thanks in advance!

-mb