Ubuntu 12.04 upgrade experiences?

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Thu Mar 1 09:18:27 MST 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 08:53 -0700, Michael Butash wrote:
> Just curious, has anyone had a *good* experience upgrading to 12.04
> ubuntu yet?  Has anyone had a *good* upgrade on ubuntu in somewhat
> recent memory?

Yes, I didn't have any issues with my upgrade.  I'm surprised you did,
as I've heard quite the opposite results from most people with their
12.04 upgrade.  But, I question the logic of complaining about a bad
upgrade to a beta system (and I'm kinda guessing you upgraded before
then anyway).

If you'd like to track the upgrade testing that is going on Ubuntu
currently you can do that here:

  https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Precise%20Upgrade%20Testing%
20Dashboard/

You'll notice that it's "mostly green" though at the time of this
writing there seems to be some issues upgrading from Lucid.

		--Ted