OT: Cellular Modems

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Mon Jul 23 18:19:52 MST 2012

Most smart phones can be tethered and even provide a nice Wifi AP for
others?

I get really good data throughput even on 3g with Android O2 firmware on a
Dell Streak AT&T.

I had a Verizon USB modem in the old days when you had to recompile the
kernel on Ubuntu to use it with USB, but I really don't think the expense
is worth it, anymore, due to phone tethering.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> All verizon phones as part of the share everything have it enabled now.
>
> Any rooted android phone can also.
> On Jul 23, 2012 2:39 PM, "keith smith" <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> I don't know this for a fact, however I hear you can use certain smart
>> phones as a wifi hot spot.

>> Keith Smith

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype