HELP-Kubuntu-Whacked screen after update

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Jul 4 13:16:10 MST 2012

Hmm, sounds like your filesystem got wacked out.  Might need to fsck it
manually.  Did you fill the filesystem, like 100% with nothing free?
Check your dmesg output to see why it's mounted as ro, something broke,
or fsck can't autorepair it due to corruption of sectors.  Might be
worth looking at smart results on the disk too.

Exactly what happened when my profiles would get hosed, but usually a
fsck and a reload would resolve without damage.

-mb