website hosting

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 18:21:13 MST 2012

I was reading about Drupal on wikipedia. This is a small portion of what it
has to say:

     When compared to three other well-known open source CMS platforms
covered by the
     MITRE CVE database, Drupal ranked second - after
Plone<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plone_%28software%29>but before
WordPress <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordPress> and
Joomla<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joomla>
.[76] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drupal#cite_note-75>

So let's talk about Plone. Why was it ranked ahead of drupal? What is it
about?

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 6:53 AM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I know little about Joomla.  WordPress is good and widely used.  It
> however is not as expandable in my opinion.
>
> Making Drupal templates is much more initiative than how WordPress does
> it.   You can control how the output looked withy warupal, right down to
> the smallest subsection of your content.
>
> A couple things that might help, but not a complete list of advantages of
> Druapl.
>
> Themeing system, you can make a template for any content and any page.
>
> Take a look at the Drupal CCK.
>
> Take a look at Views.
>
> Look into blocks - a way of managing blocks of content.
>
> Drupal comes with a learning curve.  If you have some PHP and MySql skills
> you probably could build anything you want with Drupal.  Think framework as
> in PHPCake or Code Ignitor.
>
> If you are a consultant and become fluent in Drupal you might be able to
> charge upwards of $150 an hour and have more work than you can handle.
> (there is a marketing element that is necessary)
>
> Ok,  A disclaimer - This is my paradigm.  You will have to do your own do
> diligence to determine if Drupal is the tool for you.
>
> I'm hoping this thread might open a productive discussion on which CMS to
> use and why to use it.

> Keith Smith