website hosting

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 06:53:23 MST 2012

I know little about Joomla.  WordPress is good and widely used.  It however is not as expandable in my opinion.

Making Drupal templates is much more initiative than how WordPress does it.   You can control how the output looked with Drupal, right down to the smallest subsection of your content.

A couple things that might help, but not a complete list of advantages of Druapl.

Themeing system, you can make a template for any content and any page.

Take a look at the Drupal CCK.

Take a look at Views.

Look into blocks - a way of managing blocks of content.

Drupal comes with a learning curve.  If you have some PHP and MySql skills you probably could build anything you want with Drupal.  Think framework as in PHPCake or Code Ignitor.

If you are a consultant and become fluent in Drupal you might be able to charge upwards of $150 an hour and have more work than you can handle. (there is a marketing element that is necessary)

Ok,  A disclaimer - This is my paradigm.  You will have to do your own do diligence to determine if Drupal is the tool for you.

I'm hoping this thread might open a productive discussion on which CMS to use and why to use it.

Keith Smith