Video Editing

Kevin Brown kevin_brown at qwest.net
Tue Jan 17 17:22:56 MST 2012

On 1/16/2012 4:41 PM, der.hans wrote:
> Am 16. Jan, 2012 schwätzte Kevin Brown so:
>
> moin moin Kevin,
>
>> I've played around with VirtualDub, but I was wondering if others had
>> recommendations for doing video editing in a Non-Linear setup? Something
>> like Adobe After Effects.
>
> Larry just did a presentation on OpenShot on Thursday :).
>
> The OpenShot author is doing a presentation at SCaLE this coming weekend
> and I think his presentation from last year is available as video.

I'll look into this. One of my bosses (gee, feels like Office Space)
asked me what software I'd want so he could budget for it in the next
grant or two. I mentioned After Effects. I know the IT group uses AE,
but they've been downsized to just 4 people, so they don't have time for
any of this.
Any other recommendations to look at? They can be Windows or Mac software.