tablet for SCaLE trip?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:22:07 MST 2012

I have a Transformer Hans.  I will bring to to Stammtische tonight so you
can look it over. I have no idea whether Cyanogen is working on modding
it.  I do know someone has ported an earlier version of ubuntu to run on it
but the article said it was not complete and they had no idea about a newer
ubuntu.

Todd says the Ubuntu Tablet is doing nothing but talking so I don't look
for anything from there anytime soon.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:38 AM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> Am 16. Jan, 2012 schwätzte Stephen so:
>
> moin moin,
>

>  Well Honestly the 3 Tabs oficially on the Cyanogenmod site are the
>> Advent Vega (also known as P10AN01), Nook Color (aka Encore), the HP
>> Touchpad, and the ViewSonic G Tablet.
>>

> Hmm, I'd forgotten about ViewSonic having an Android device.
>

>  The 2 of those i would suggest would be the B&N and the Viewsonic
>> Gtab, they are both very nice physically, and the Gtab has identical
>> specs and performance to the Galaxy tab. I haven't looked to see if
>> any of those are doing the M$ licencing or not.
>>

> "Experience the Freedom of Android" is the tagline on the ViewSonic
> product page, so I hope there's no m$ tax involved :). I'll sniff around
> for that.
>

>  I actually want either one of those :-)
>>

> Some day my wife will let me play with the Nook Tablet and I can get a
> feel for it.
>
> Not seeing anything about the ViewSonic device and bricks and mortors
> stores, so that might have to wait. Just found another Viewsonic tablet,
> but for $700. Viewsonic - ViewPad 10pro 10.1" LED 32 GB Tablet Computer -
> Wi-Fi - Intel Atom Z670 1.50 GHz
>
> Hmm, Asus Eee Pad Transformer might be available. That's an interesting
> option. Foolish store is offering m$ office coupon with it.
>
> There's also the Toshiba Thrive.
>

> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.LuftHans.com/**Classes/<http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/>
> #  SCaLE10x: January 20-22 2012 http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/**scale10x/<http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale10x/>
> #  ABLEconf: Saturday, March 24th 2012 @ UAT in Tempe
> http://www.ABLEconf.com/
> #  I've got a photographic memory,
> #  but I'm lousy photographer. - der.hans

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Also remove all of the addresses from the message body before
forwarding the message. These simple measures prevent spy programs from
capturing the addresses shown in the recipient list and the message body.