tablet for SCaLE trip?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Jan 17 02:38:00 MST 2012

Am 16. Jan, 2012 schwätzte Stephen so:

moin moin,

> Well Honestly the 3 Tabs oficially on the Cyanogenmod site are the
> Advent Vega (also known as P10AN01), Nook Color (aka Encore), the HP
> Touchpad, and the ViewSonic G Tablet.

Hmm, I'd forgotten about ViewSonic having an Android device.

> The 2 of those i would suggest would be the B&N and the Viewsonic
> Gtab, they are both very nice physically, and the Gtab has identical
> specs and performance to the Galaxy tab. I haven't looked to see if
> any of those are doing the M$ licencing or not.

"Experience the Freedom of Android" is the tagline on the ViewSonic
product page, so I hope there's no m$ tax involved :). I'll sniff around
for that.

> I actually want either one of those :-)

Some day my wife will let me play with the Nook Tablet and I can get a
feel for it.

Not seeing anything about the ViewSonic device and bricks and mortors
stores, so that might have to wait. Just found another Viewsonic tablet,
but for $700. Viewsonic - ViewPad 10pro 10.1" LED 32 GB Tablet Computer -
Wi-Fi - Intel Atom Z670 1.50 GHz

Hmm, Asus Eee Pad Transformer might be available. That's an interesting
option. Foolish store is offering m$ office coupon with it.

There's also the Toshiba Thrive.

ciao,

der.hans
#  SCaLE10x: January 20-22 2012 http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale10x/
#  ABLEconf: Saturday, March 24th 2012 @ UAT in Tempe http://www.ABLEconf.com/
#  I've got a photographic memory,
#  but I'm lousy photographer. - der.hans