compressing c:

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 15:40:00 MST 2012

After searching fir an answer I found mount.ntfs-3g so I type in

     mount.ntfs-3g /dev/sda2 /c

andthe machine tells me I have an invalid argument. This is strange because
when I mount sda1 with the same command it does it with no problems.
Unfortunately sda1 is the device I want to clone and compress. So what is
the problem?

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to make an archive of my brothers windows xp. Well, I want to
> use fsarchiver to give it max compression and save the c: archive to d:
> (which is empty) and then send the archive to another computer on the
> network. Unfortunately, every time I boot systemrescuecd on his machine and
> mount sda2 (d:) to copy c: into it his computer tells me that it "seems to
> be mounted as read-only." I can turn d: into an ext3 but I need to be able
> to access it over the network (I want to use t

> hat drive to store the computers' backups except his). Any ideas what I
> can do? Am I mistaken in thinking that I can't have a non-windows
> filesystem as a share on a windows machine?
>
> --

   1.
   2. Fedora ::
   <http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=19&ved=0CHIQFjAIOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Flinux.bigresource.com%2FFedora-Mount-img-NTFS-SIgnature-is-Missing--0VrcQCFa2.html&ei=-f8RT9f6DKKkiQK-3-XPDQ&usg=AFQjCNGMGWb-s6rZL1X_3tzJTv6534JRlA&sig2=JY2eztpVYCiipVpKiOa3WQ>

--