compressing c:

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 12:14:52 MST 2012

I'm trying to make an archive of my brothers windows xp. Well, I want to
use fsarchiver to give it max compression and save the c: archive to d:
(which is empty) and then send the archive to another computer on the
network. Unfortunately, every time I boot systemrescuecd on his machine and
mount sda2 (d:) to copy c: into it his computer tells me that it "seems to
be mounted as read-only." I can turn d: into an ext3 but I need to be able
to access it over the network (I want to use that drive to store the
computers' backups except his). Any ideas what I can do? Am I mistaken in
thinking that I can't have a non-windows filesystem as a share on a windows
machine?

--