RHEL-6.1 system with 4 CPU sockets and 1TB of memory

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Jan 10 18:45:04 MST 2012

From: JD Austin <jd at twingeckos.com>
> I haven't found a significant difference between CentOS and RHEL.

There isn't one.  It's all binary-compatible.

> Likely one reason - support.

RHEL's support is *completely useless*, or it was the one time I tried to get
them to answer a question.  Then again, I usually know what I'm doing, and
less experienced folks may find some basic hand-holding useful.  (The problem:
 strace -ff showed something in /usr/lib/ had been deleted.  Missing shared
libs are probably outside the scripts the support people read....)

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows