CodeIgnigniter Config Question

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 21:58:41 MST 2012

Hi,

I'm looking at CodeIgniter.  I would like to change the way it works a little bit.

URL's will take on this pattern:

MyDomain.tld = is the index

MyDomain.tld/page-name (stand alone page)

MyDomain.tld/cat1/catn (one or more categories) (display the last category)

MyDomain.tld/cat1/catn/article-page  (one or more categories then an article page) (display article)

I would like to read the URL in a main controller.  There would only be one controller.  I would break the URL into its arguments and decide what Model and View to load and display.

Is it possible to configure CodeIgniter to function this way?

Thanks in advance!