ssh

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Fri Feb 17 09:40:14 MST 2012

> How should I tell it to start from / rather than ~ ?
Instead of
> 192.168.0.3:mnt/sda1

Do:
> 192.168.0.3:/mnt/sda1
The path-resolution rules apply unchanged after the ':'
Do:
man path_resolution

'Michaels-Laptop' will only resolve in 'Michaels-Laptop', unless you add
that name/IP combo to some sort of name-resolution system (bind, /etc/hosts,
many options to choose from)

localhost (or 127.0.0.1) will resolve to 'this machine' (when properly
configured, which is the case in most Linux installations if not all of
them)

Don't shot yourself on the foot.
Again...
ET