ssh

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:16:37 MST 2012

hey..... I figured out the username/hostid thing. the laptop is
'bmike1 at Michaels-Laptop'. that was easy.

you're right... that isn't what I want. I thought that:

     scp -r -o Compression yes -o CompressionLevel 9 -o HostName
192.168.0.3:mnt/sda1
     fatherswithforeignbabies.us at fatherswithforeignbabies.us:
copies/2012-2-17

would copy recursively 192.168.0.3 from /mnt/sda1 to the
server:folder/filename
How should I tell it to start from / rather than ~ ?