Percona

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Feb 15 00:22:42 MST 2012

Am 13. Feb, 2012 schwätzte Eric Cope so:

moin moin Eric,

> I tried to use the REMI and EPEL repos, the problem I had was the
> latest PHP-MYSQL rpm was packaged for MySQL 5.1.x, not MySQL 5.5.x.

Last job, where I was using Percona, was CentOS based. I think we
initially were using 5.1, but we moved to 5.2. Definitely doing lots with
PHP as well.

We got our packages from the Percona repo.

> Uninstalling AMP packages, then installing from source is probably the
> best way, but then you lose all of the package management stuff.

Use the configs from the RPM source packages and build RPMs, then you get
to keep package management stuff.

> When I get a chance, I'll try that method, but that won't be for a bit.

Red Hat has some tools for automating rebuilding RPMs. Presuming you can
get source packages from Percona you might be able to grab them, flip the
SPHINX switch and build packages.

ciao,

der.hans
#  ABLEconf: Saturday, March 24th 2012 @ UAT in Tempe http://www.ABLEconf.com/
#  Freedom isn't everything, but without freedom you have nothing. - der.hans