TITLE SHOULDA BEEN: Comparing Mint 12 with Oneiric 11.10 when trying to completely dump Unity.

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Sun Feb 12 12:25:10 MST 2012

I'm keeping an eye on btrfs, which looks very promising to me. The best
of most worlds, should eliminate the need for md/lvm, and the developers
appear to be taking ssd into account, although to be honest btrfs
appears to be a bit i/o intensive (mostly due to cow). Good stuff none
the less. Oracle will reportedly be using it, and Fedora developers are
trying hard to make it the default in F17.

--
-Eric 'shubes'