presentation from last week's developer meeting attached

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Wed Feb 8 16:06:29 MST 2012

Hans,
  That suggestion comes up because, although Public Domain is quite clear in the USA, it doesn't exist as a legal concept in many parts of the world.
By using CC0 the work is clearly licensed, but the conditions match (as closely as possible) the conditions of Public Domain for each jurisdiction to which CC0 is ported.
If you're not planning to fight any court battles, a clear Public Domain grant is just fine for content created in the USA.