Red Hat Linux Systems Administrator position in Scottsdale

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Mon Feb 6 16:05:39 MST 2012

Xceed Search is representing the following direct hire job opportunity in
the Phoenix, Arizona area. Please review the job description below, and if
you feel qualified and interested, please email me a word resume. I will
then call you to discuss the company and position in detail. I will never
submit your resume to any company without your prior approval. I look
forward to working with you on your job search.

Salary will go to $90k plus bonus.
*Company is looking for an Application Systems Engineer!*

Why join us? You'll get to work with some amazing people at the Sakai and
Kuali open source communities we're engaged in, and our customers. Our work
is important -- were helping customers improve the quality of education,
and helping them make sure it's accessible to everyone. You'll have a lot
of impact because in this role you'll be a key person making sure that
mission-critical systems for teaching, learning, and research are running
optimally.

We offer an extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
and a 401K match.
* * *Position Summary*

The Systems Engineer is responsible for the application operation and
maintenance of hosted client instances. The Systems Engineer is responsible
for overall application performance, deploying code updates, transitioning
new client instances into production. The Systems Engineer works closely
with the Case Management team as an escalation resource. Communicates with
clients around technical issues and questions.

*Note: The hours for this position are 12am - 9am Monday - Friday. *
* * *Outcomes*

   - Client instances are well-managed and maintained with minimal service
   disruption
   - Works with Case Management so that patches and upgrades are planned
   and deployed with minimal service disruption
   - Client instances are well-documented and client profiles are regularly
   updated
   - Performance and usage data is reviewed and used to drive capacity
   planning activities
   - You will be involved in the development and training of support
   resources
   - Quick and organized response in order to ensure SLAs are being met
   - Continuous process improvement and efficiency around maintaining
   client instances

*About you...*

   - Self-driven and likes to take initiative
   - Enjoys steady-state operations
   - Enjoys troubleshooting complex applications
   - You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You will be
   be communicating directly with clients and associates.

*The experience and technical requirements you have to have:*

   - You have Ninja skills with RedHat/CentOS Linux (command line), Java,
   Apache WS and Tomcat
   - You have great skill with the deployment and tuning of Tomcat server
   - You have strong application troubleshooting skills and amazing
   attention to detail
   - You have worked with MySQL and Oracle databases and understand and can
   write basic SQL well enough to work through SQL problems.
   - You have strong scripting skills (e.g. BASH, Perl, Python - regex,
   awk, sed)
   - You understand networking and can troubleshoot application
   component-connectivity issues
   - Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and SQL Server environments
   - You have experience working directly with production systems.

*Other requirements:*

   - Bachelors degree and 4-5 years experience or equivalent in experience
   - ITIL foundation certification desirable

Thank You

Arnold Avila

Xceed Search

(480) 419-1311