Questions about Kubuntu 12.04 and its updates

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Fri Dec 28 11:22:25 MST 2012

On 12/27/2012 05:57 PM, joe at actionline.com wrote:
> I still wish there was some way to totally get rid of that blasted,
> annoying cashew and all the nuisance widgets ;)

I can't help you with the cashew, but you should be able to get rid of
any and all widgets.

> And I still can't get the panel icons arranged in the sequence I want
> them. Every time I restart, they get all messed up and have to be
> rearranged again.

It sounds like the permissions on your settings might allow for reading,
but not being able to write them.  Have you checked out the permissions
on ~/.kde/share/config/*
The only other thing I can think of is that you might have played with
the kiosktool at some point and set your configs to be unable to be
updateable.

 > And I can't figure out how to put the panel on the left
 > or right side of the screen instead of on the bottom or top.  Any
 > suggestions?

To move the panel to a different edge, click on the cashew on the panel
you want to move and then drag the "screen edge" button to the screen
edge you want the panel on.

Brian