Kubuntu updates

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Fri Dec 28 11:05:37 MST 2012

Thanks Lisa. You also provide valuable help and suggestions.

On this subject, Lisa last wrote (selective quotes and responses):
> Using linux is a learning experience ...
> You have a choice to stand static ...
> exploits and issues ... admittedly low as a desktop system ...
> Break/fix for update issues is as easy as rolling back the update,
> or changing your boot GRUB2 to boot the old kernel ...
> we are ready to assist with Kubuntu Updates

While I do continue to learn, sometimes I just want to be able to get my
work done without being subjected to yet more forced learning just to try
to get what used to work fine before an update back to a usable working
state again.

Thanks to yours and several others' comments, I did go ahead with the
latest round of updates for kubuntu 12.04, apparently without discovering
new problems.

So, I shall try to go forward (albeit trembling a bit with fear and
trepidation based on so many past bad update experiences).