How to set up a dual boot on a thinkpad

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:10:42 MST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM, <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM, <joe at actionline.com> wrote:
> >> ... I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of those files
>
> Larry wrote:
> > Those are the Page (swap) file and the storage area for Restore Points.
> > If you turn those off temporarily ...
> > Windows will let you shrink the partition further
> > That should get you the space you need.
>
> I did that kill off those "Page" (swap) files and a bunch of other stuff,
> hibernate files, etc. but there is still something blocking:
> Filename $UsnJrfnl:$J in path C:\$Extend\

You said you killed Paging but did not say anything about turning off the
Restore Point functionality which is also needed.  I am assuming you did
that also.  I would try to find that file (search from a linux LiveCD if
you have to ) to try to learn what it is and decide whether to try deleting
it.

that I can't get rid of. See this link:

> http://www.upquick.com/temp/frag507.jpg
>
> I searched the 'net and found others have had this problem, but when I try
> to switch to Administrator level to purge the system responds saying that
> I need to be at Administrator level (I thought I was) and will not allow
> me to delete $UsnJrfnl
>
> Oh, how I do despise windblows.
>
> I've tried numerous methods to supposedly get to the Administrator level,
> but to no avail.
>
> Thus, I am now trying to find out if it is possible to just do a fresh
> install from the "System Reserve" partition as shown at this link:
>
> http://www.upquick.com/temp/frag521.jpg

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.