-- SPAM --Re: -- SPAM --Re: all mail marked as spam

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Tue Dec 4 11:09:39 MST 2012

On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 06:07:07PM -0700, Lisa Kachold wrote:
> Robert,
>
> This looks like a cox mail to gmail issue.
>
> It could be flagged as spam because either the sending IP or local IP is
> dynamic (spamassasin flags for that depending on the rulesets of their MTA).
>
> While I don't see your mail setup with Google Apps or referenced here, it
> appears that this message is attempting to send through Google Apps to a
> non-associated google apps or cox address.

I saw the google entry in the headers and couldn't understand how it got
there because I would eat broken glass before I would have anything to
do with them.

> I believe the part of interest is:

>  d=google.com; s=20120113;
>  h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
>  :content-type:x-gm-message-state;
>  bh=AAo5RQiI59RpuvyOU7wZOWszZiTwq0RDJOowLhi/QZY=;
>  b=asoTa8iyYwDDpnQ5ZZZmTR5imzoVQWKcR9l4PXThqjRNUeN8Qum2l1WItR4r0bZgmB
>  b7lgcfaCWVObXD710eC9avn0d/+LemN6Q5+jdgScKtkRK1SbL7R/ICKdlymznw3TnLj9
>  iRmIjM+YHsYy5feWLfnJ7WC/p6oPDDYZTjgsAfysYWNR6+aOKXjxGEkyQxqvuaQpeu6f
>  /np3T/35TGv8m04SkpvfwXml43beG50Drvv1TyKmvnqn9nr71ZRVxEVr+3yr2TnUsb/a
>  qdgHImjspCxHiecAvtAnWPABc13okKs91tRJWwqQ8Fik1JMItP+14PbrQQC3abJpkF7e
>  LgKw==

Messages prior to this spam marking problem show this header and, I just
discovered, some messages marked as spam don't. Looks like you might be
able to scratch that off the list of clues.

> Thats a gmail entry DKIM value.
>
> You can also fully integrate with Google Apps, rather than go directly to
> cox (which it looks like you are doing), however you must use alternate
> ports because cox doesn't allow SMTP mail to traverse their network.

For shame, you've confused an old man. If they don't allow SMTP traffic, how
am I sending mails?

The only thing I would do with Google anything is ignore it/them.

> Did your upgrade overwrite your mail gateway configuration?

I'm too ignorant to tell. Pointer please? No other mail from all other
lists and individuals has this problem. Only mail from this list.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,