text file needs a carriage return

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 21:46:58 MST 2012

wait a second... I don't need a carriage return  but rather cntrl-c. would
typing '^C' have the desired effect?
Then the script would look like:

  cat > <file>
  tar -xvf <file2>
  cd linux-3.2.6
  make mrproper
  make headers_check
  make INSTALL_HDR_PATH=dest headers_install
  find dest/include \( -name .install -o -name ..install.cmd \) -delete
  cp -rv dest/include/* /usr/include
  ^C
  . <file> 2>1|tee <file3>

But I still need the carriage return symbol so I can enter the script and
then:

  cat <file3>| grep .... uhhhhh..... what text appears in errors in this
case?