Ubuntu on Android

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sat Aug 11 23:30:07 MST 2012

For giggles I bought "complete linux installer" from the market and had
ubuntu booting on my vzw galaxy nexus in short order.  It's doable
without buying the installer, but I was feeling lazy, and it was cheap.
  With the full ubuntu/unity install I couldn't even effectively render
the desktop through vnc in any usable fashion.  I was going to go back
and put lxde on it, then jumped to jellybean, and haven't really had the
need or want to revisit lately.  I also didn't want to bother until the
builds settle down a bit as you're wiping clean to jump roms effectively.

It definitely works, just go with lxde builds for it.

-mb