DON'T PANIC

Patricia Wilson wilson.pr.gm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 20:26:01 MST 2012

I was quite fortunate to have an extraordinarily good computer services
department where I worked right out of college. They had emacs on the Suns
and the Vaxen. I decided learning one editor beat learning two so emacs it
was. Nope, wasn't as "good" as the VAX editor on the VAX but was a lot
better than the VAX editor on a Sun.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Michael Butash <michael at butash.net> wrote:

> Same thing here - slowaris early in my unix-y years only had vi prior to
> finding out about sunfreeware.com, so i just got used to it.  Finding vim
> made it that much more likeable to prefer it to today.  To this day I'll
> find myself when using a windoze system notepad or gedit on linux still
> compulsory hitting :wq! when done, and having to think for a sec why it
> didn't do anything.  Opps...
>
> -mb
>

> On 08/10/2012 07:46 PM, Matt Graham wrote:
>
>> From: Patricia Wilson<wilson.pr.gm at gmail.com>
>>
>>> I was exposed to vi several years ago.  It made me ever so thankful for
>>> the
>>> nice people who developed emacs.
>>>

>> Years and years ago, the Solaris boxen at college had vi, but not emacs.
>>  pico
>> didn't cut it for anything complicated.
>>
>> This left me no choice but to become a vi king.

Sent from my super hot-shot dual core 64 bit Gateway running Ubuntu 12 from
the chrome/teak/glass desktop in my Luxo Scottsdale condo.

Patricia Wilson
Apache Junction, AZ
Member NRA, ARRL
WB8DXX (Extra)