Ubuntu 12.04 and unity.

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Apr 12 08:52:39 MST 2012

I wish that were the case for me - gnome3 won't even launch with
multiple framebuffers requiring me to drop to a tty and restart lightdm
to choose something else.  Cinnamon is broken on the same display as
well.  Sadly with the "new desktops", unity works the best, which isn't
saying much in the least.  It's like 2005 all over again, hacking
entirely around ui short-sightedness.

At this point the only thing gnome-ish left I can use is gedit and
gnome-terminal, even nautilus is still broken on multiple displays.
Other than that, avant-window-navigator and cairo-dock provide all my
task and tray management.

-mb