MySQL vs MariaDB

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Tue Sep 27 02:41:05 MST 2011

Or they will be supported by the percona forks of mysql. Which is a
far better way to go far large enterprises. Small shops probably could
be happy in mysql 5.0 for another 5 years. (you would not belive how
many are still running 4)

On 9/26/11, Nathan England <nathan at paysonlinux.org> wrote:

> It's going to happen, and I expect sooner than later, that many web hosts
> are
> going to become irritated with Oracle and switch to something other than
> MySQL. Are any of you currently using MariaDB instead? How does it compare,
> how would you rate it, any gotchas? What are your thoughts?
>
> I personally don't have any interest in switching to PostGreSQL or anything
> else, but MariaDB is very interesting. I guess there are a couple of MySQL
> forks as well, and I'd like information about those also, but primarily
> MariaDB...
>
> Nathan

Sent from my mobile device