MySQL vs MariaDB

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Mon Sep 26 13:55:18 MST 2011

It's going to happen, and I expect sooner than later, that many web hosts are
going to become irritated with Oracle and switch to something other than
MySQL. Are any of you currently using MariaDB instead? How does it compare,
how would you rate it, any gotchas? What are your thoughts?

I personally don't have any interest in switching to PostGreSQL or anything
else, but MariaDB is very interesting. I guess there are a couple of MySQL
forks as well, and I'd like information about those also, but primarily
MariaDB...

Nathan