OT; phone argument

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 16:04:48 MST 2011

I may be a little gullible but I look at it this way:

As evil empires go, Google has been far less oppressive than the
alternatives.

Google cornered a market, turned it into a bunch of products designed to
make them money by selling you tools to make money also.  They invest huge
sums of money in new product development through a yearly program called
Summer of Code.  And what these people develop they get to keep and market.
They developed an OS for portable devices and gave it away... mostly.  Let
be honest, these guys are not saints, but they appear to see your success as
the key to there success.

Apple is also very keen in innovation.  But they have just lost their
creative key.  Even with him, they held everything very close to their
wallet.  Apple went to war with anyone developed apps that Apple wanted to
develop, people that tried getting around their app store, and anyone making
comparable equipment.  Apple seems to see you as able to make money, only
when they can lock you into a license, and keep you controlled.

So, as evil empires go... I for one is far less afraid of Google than I am
of Apple.

Just my $0.02

Kevin