Brookings: CyberSecurity In the Balance - 2 New Bills

Sam Kreimeyer skreimey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:45:34 MST 2011

Derek,

To your point about VPNs, you should take a look at this article.
http://www.eweekeurope.co.uk/news/hidemyass-anonymity-service-exposes-alleged-lulzsec-hackers-40663

If your activities are deemed serious enough, VPNs will usually
cooperate with law enforcement. There are likely offshore VPNs or
proxy services that would not cooperate, but shady anonymity services
usually come with their own risks.