Brookings: CyberSecurity In the Balance - 2 New Bills

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Wed Nov 16 16:23:29 MST 2011

+1

The article says:
<quote>
PROTECT IP applies to every “operator of a non-authoritative domain name
system server,” including local ISPs and even small businesses that run
their own networks.
</quote>

I haven't read the legislation, but since windoze (xp/vista/7) runs its
own resolver (DNS cache), it's conceivable that this might apply to all
windoze hosts, depending on how the word "server" is defined.

--
-Eric 'shubes'