Grayscale Xorg output

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed May 25 00:41:04 MST 2011

Is it possible to have X output only a grayscale color palette?

I was watching a show with a guy who is completely color blind and I
wondered what X would look like with a high quality grayscale color scheme.
I can spend hours changing all my colors and window themes and blah blah
blah, but it seemed like something X or an X driver might be able to do
easily...

Any thoughts? I'm using an Intel integrated graphics driver. i915.

Nathan England
I believe in the Constitution and the 4th Amendment. I am innocent and have
nothing to hide, but NO agent of the state crosses my threshhold without a
valid warrant signed by a judge and properly submitted. If we fail to
exercise our rights, we lose them.