[AzPHP] PHP Web Developer Position - Local Motors (fwd)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue May 24 12:57:12 MST 2011

moin moin,

good thing I hadn't gotten to writing this up because Tim can better
describe what Local Motors wants.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Backups are irrelevant. Only restorals matter." -- der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 12:19:56 -0400
From: Tim Thomas <tthomas at local-motors.com>
To: azphp at list.azphp.org
Subject: [AzPHP] PHP Web Developer Position - Local Motors

Hi all,

This is an awesome opportunity with Local Motors, a new american car company that co-creates cool cars right in Chandler!  The best part is that we are spinning off our Internet-based vehicle co-creation site and need really talented people to make this happen.

Here's the posting for the "PHP Web Developer", but there are also postings for "Web Designer/Front End Developer" and "LINUX Systems Administrator / MySQL DB Administrator" here http://www.local-motors.com/static.php?p=jobs

  - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

Local Motors (www.local-motors.com) has created a game-changing experience of designing, building, and retailing very cool cars. Our web site is central to our business model, as we are co-creating our amazing vehicle designs from the best transportation designers in the world. Now Local Motors is building a new web site which will deliver vehicle co-creation to the individuals and Fortune-500 companies alike.

YOU:
Have you built LINUX servers just for fun? Are you CREATIVE, like to do make NEW and DIFFERENT things? Do you look for web 2.0 sites because you love checking out other developer's innovative solutions? Do you want to be a part of changing the world in a meaningful way? Can you write a "module" to cache a home page, and if not, would you be excited to and capable of figuring that out? Has anyone called you "anal" about naming conventions and documenting, but it's just that you are driven to make the code base easy to understand?

Are you positive, supportive and inspiring to others? Do you get things done? Are you independent, and yet take direction well? Are you passionate enough to work in a start-up?

You may be a student or recent graduate with relevant school projects or endless hours of relevant tinkering behind you. You may have a couple of years experience under your belt developing the company web site. Either way, you are talented.

Our playground:
LINUX, Apache, PHP 5, MySQL 4, Javascript, SVN, HTML, CSS, Python

Do/are/have you:
know the differences between "$this" and '$that' in PHP
handy with GREP and RSYNC
really get object oriented programming
performed a LEFT JOIN
programmed something very cool
Are flexible and open-minded, not defiantly religious about just the languages & frameworks you know and like

And a quiz:
It's 11:00 PM on Friday and you just peeked at the company web site. You realize that the release that your co-worker pushed out yesterday afternoon (bug free) for some reason has now disabled the community section of the web site. What do you do?

Send your resume and a few sentences answering the question above, explaining why you are a good fit and demonstrating your excitement about cars to jobs at local-motors.com.

  - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

If these opportunities aren't the best for you now, please pass this on to your friends!

Thanks!
Tim

Tim Thomas
CIO
Local Motors, Inc.
cell: 781.956.5606
twitter: @imstarboard

6 Easy Ways You Can Go Local!

1. Come visit the Micro-Factory at:
1576B South Nelson Road
Chandler, AZ 85226
(exit 162 off of I-10, GPS: 33.278,-111.96)
(480) 371-6797
OPEN to the Public: Monday - Saturday
10am - 6pm
2. Check www.local-motors.com for upcoming events and competitions.
3. Become a fan of LM on Facebook: http://bit.ly/4a8Ci
4. Follow us on Twitter (@localmotors, @johnbrogers, @LM_Ari, @imstarboard, @stokessarah)
6. Put a $1000 deposit down on a Rally Fighter to reserve your place in line! www.local-motors.com/rf
7. Join us at the Conference for Social Product Development & Co-creation June 27 & 28, 2011 at Local Motors